Deciding on what tires to get 35" opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deciding on what tires to get 35" opinions please.

Hey everyone I am trying to decide what kind of tires I want to get for my truck. I have narrowed the choices some what but if anyone has any others let me know. I am trying to stay away from the trail grapplers and toyo mt's as I already had a set of each and want something different.
I have been looking at:
Nitto mud grapplers, BFG KM2, Mickey Thompson MTZ, Baja claws, Pro comp extreme terrains, pit bull rocker radial, Irocs.
All of these tires are pretty much the same cost besides the mud grapplers which are $600 less...
I am looking for a tire that is 35" around 12.50 wide for a 20" rim.
I use these tires for my summer set so I drive around 10,000-15000 kms a year on them at most.
I am not concerned about road noise as my exhaust and stereo in my truck are already loud so tire noise is not to much of a concern. My truck right now is prob around the 55% street 45% job site and off road. I'm not sure what else to add right now but I have a budget of around $2800 which should cover my tire costs.
The only reason I am considering the mud grapplers even though they wear fast is that they only cost me $2200 tax in installed where all the others are around the $2800 range installed and tax and all that good stuff.
I am just wondering what people think about these or their own experiences with any of these tires. I want something aggressive enough to get me through some pretty rough stuff I use my truck for work and play.
Sorry for the long intro just wanted to make sure there was enough info in it.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Not a big mud tire guy, but if I were dropping that kind of money on new rubber I would want it to last a while, so my bet would be the KM2's, I've heard the old mud terrains last forever and I would imagine the KM2's would be no different. Plus they are one sweet looking tire.
For something different the PitBull Rockers look pretty sweet, I know they make great ATV tires, soft and sticky. If you are looking for offroad performance I'm sure would fit the bill, pretty aggressive for most peoples needs though.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I have heard that the mud grapplers are super loud even though you said you didn't care about that. I think the pit bull rockers look the best (but not sure about in a 35 as I have only seen them in 40+ sizes). If it were me I would get the KM2 out of those options. I have heard that they are smooth on the street, relatively quiet (which I know you don't care about), and wear well for an MT.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Pit Bulls or IROK's. Any of the others would be a better choice. I'd also suggest you consider the Nitto Trail Grappler, Toyo MT, **** Cepek Mud Country and Pro Comp Xtreme MT.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Yah I think it is between the km2, mtz's and fun country mt's

Quick Reply: Deciding on what tires to get 35" opinions please.