Procomp Xtreme A/T or Nitto trails

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Procomp Xtreme A/T or Nitto trails

what are yalls thoughts on Procomp Xtreme A/T's how well do they wear? Also if im looking for a 35/12.5/18 what would be a light tire. i know the Nitto trails (which im also considering) are about 81 LBS and the Procomps are about 68. One final question is there any issue with buying Metric Like a 295/70/18 rather than a standard 35/11.5/18? I would like to have a skinnier tire like and 11.5 rather than a 12.5 but if it comes to it ill sacrifice for a better wearing tire... so between these two tires i would love some helpful input, and input on other recommended tires as well. thanks

and i know one is an A/T and the other is a M/T. im just basing the decision off looks and weight... my time in the mud and sand is minimal enough to have to decide between an aggressive A/t and an M/T

Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both are excellent tires. The PC Xtreme AT is one of the most aggressive and better off-road performing AT tires. The Nitto Trail Graps are one of the MTs with better road matters. You can't go wrong.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
A little off topic, but how did your mickey atzs wear? Good mileage out of them and why aren't u going with them again? Just curious as I like the tread pattern on the atzs. They may be a little pricey though.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I had a pair of PC MT's and hated them. They didnt last that long and were incredibly obnoxious. They look badass tho. and they were great off road. If you off road more than you drive on the road Id say go with the PC.After the PC MT's I went to BFG AT and then Nittos and I love the Nittos. They work well off road and thay are quiet and lasted much longer than the PC's did. In all I recommend the Nittos.

Oh and this was for my IH Scout not my F150, Shouldnt make much of a difference tho.

D

Old 05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
jerry, i didnt go back to the MTZs because they were too expensive and i just had bad experiences with them (getting stuck in the middle of a field when its 15* outside all night) but i got about 40,000 without proper care, they do get pretty loud once they get low. also the tires were 13.5" wide and i had a 1" hubcentric spacer to fit them and i removed the spacer and slapped on the nittos, it rides like a dream now

Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I've had my Procomp Xtreme ATs for about 20,000 or so miles so far in a 305/55/20 and I absolutely LOVE them. I drive pretty much all on the road since I'm away at college but when I have gotten off road in the mud I haven't gotten stuck(knock on wood). I know everyone says this but they really do look practically new still

Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by King928
jerry, i didnt go back to the MTZs because they were too expensive and i just had bad experiences with them (getting stuck in the middle of a field when its 15* outside all night) but i got about 40,000 without proper care, they do get pretty loud once they get low. also the tires were 13.5" wide and i had a 1" hubcentric spacer to fit them and i removed the spacer and slapped on the nittos, it rides like a dream now
thanks for the reply. I also thought they seemed pricey, but they advertise all over in my off road magazines so wanted to see what u thought.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I had the nittos for 1 day and due to all the flooding in the tennessee/ mississippi area their is alot of debris in the streets in certain areas and within lest than 12 hours i managed to run over a 3/4inch bolt and popped one of my new tires. gateway said it was to big to patch because it wouldnt be too reliable and would possibly blow out if they patched it, so i had to buy another and told them to throw the popped one in the bed and im gong to try and see if i can get someone to patch it and mount it on my spare. any one had this trouble? it seems like just bad luck to me

Quick Reply: Procomp Xtreme A/T or Nitto trails