Need Some Help on My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some Help on My Truck

So earlier today I was driving down the road and started hearing a noise, which I think is coming from around the front left tire, but Im not sure. The noise is like a metal scraping on the ground kind of sound. Someone told me he had the same problem and it was his CV joints but Im not sure. It happened a couple of weeks ago but it stopped like 5 minutes later so I just figured a rock had gotten stuck in my brakes or something and then came out. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what it might be. Im not very smart when it comes to mechanics so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Burke
So earlier today I was driving down the road and started hearing a noise, which I think is coming from around the front left tire, but Im not sure. The noise is like a metal scraping on the ground kind of sound. Someone told me he had the same problem and it was his CV joints but Im not sure. It happened a couple of weeks ago but it stopped like 5 minutes later so I just figured a rock had gotten stuck in my brakes or something and then came out. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what it might be. Im not very smart when it comes to mechanics so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Were you just driving and you heard the noise or were you on the brakes when you heard it?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If it's 4 WD search IWE, sounds like that is it.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM
It does it whether the brake is applied or not. But now I can pretty much only here the scraping noise when going over a bump or when Im turning right sometimes. But I took it out and drove it around and then put in in 4wd and it seemed to fix the problem. I couldn't get it to make the scraping sound. I did some research on the IWE and I think thats the problem but Im not positive.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 PM
So I decided to go ahead and get an IWE Solenoid cause it was only $28. But of course it didn't fix it. haha

Quick Reply: Need Some Help on My Truck