rotor help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotor help

I have warped rotors on my 06 supercrew and i need help. I have looked at rotor pros but they are too pricey for me right now. What brands have ya'll had good luck with and which pads? I ran some off brand type on my 02 and they did ok but that truck is long gone and i don't know who made those. Thanks for any info you can give.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
If your lookingto save money you could just have them turned at a local checkers or autozone...that would be the cheapest way to go if they aren't too bad.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Rotors

I bought rotors and pads for all four wheels for 300$ at advanced auto.
They were the Wearever Ceramic pads along with the wearever rotors.
They've been working very well for me the past few months.
Good luck.

Last edited by BroBro; 06-14-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Absolutely have them resurfaced first! Ask the shop to take of as little as possible. Do NOT tell them the rotor is warped, otherwise they'll take off a tone and you'll end up with a rotor that's too thin (which is what they want in order to sell you a new rotor.)

Chances are your rotor is NOT warped. Improper bed-in and other things can cause an uneven build-up pad material on the rotor which feels exactly like a warped rotor. Resurfacing removes that material. You will need to re-bed you brakes properly after that otherwise you risk getting a pulsation or vibration again.

StopTech has an excellent white paper on the myth of warped rotors. It's more racing-oriented (Stoptech is primarily a racing brakes company,) but it applies to street cars and trucks too.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml

Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Great reading!! Ok since I will not be buying new rotors, I have to take everything apart anyhow ,how about new pads? Would like some that don't dust as bad as oem's.

Quick Reply: rotor help