ABS light, no codes.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS light, no codes.

I will admit that I haven't done a search so forgive me if this has been discussed a hundred times before but my back is against the wall as we are leaving for vacation on Saturday.

Just received my CTS and installed a few days ago. My ABS light has been coming on intermittently for the last couple months and I thought I would be able to read a code with the CTS. I go in to diagnostics and read DTC's but it shows no trouble codes. Could the ABS light come on without setting a code or am I doing something wrong?

Obviously this issue won't keep us from leaving for our trip but I would rather be able to make the repair before we go if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1999 F150

Old 06-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Obvious question, but may not apply as I think you get the brake warning light and not the abs when fluid is low, but check it if you have not.

Chances are though you probably have a dirty ABS sensor, or even a sensor that is on its way out or bad. Do a search on cleaning ABS sensor, should help you out.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply mdhawkin. Fluid level is good, haven't seen anything else obvious. If I get a chance before we leave tomorrow I'm gonna pull the wheels and see how the sensors look.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a 99 Expedition & my abs light was going on & off. I ended up replacing the sensor on top of the rear differential for about $20.00. That was my starting point to fix the problem & I did not have to go any further. Good luck~

RH

Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by rhdf150
I have a 99 Expedition & my abs light was going on & off. I ended up replacing the sensor on top of the rear differential for about $20.00. That was my starting point to fix the problem & I did not have to go any further. Good luck~

RH
Yea I thought about possibly picking one up on our way and changing it out when we reach our destination. Inexpensive and easy swap so worth a try.

Quick Reply: ABS light, no codes.