Need help quick!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help quick!

So.. where do I begin. Starting off, the truck is a 2000 F150 2WD with 4 wheel discs. For a while now my truck has been pulling to the right when braking off and on. Mostly on, but sometimes it would act normal. Then the other day I was driving and had just stopped at a light and when I went to accelerate I had to really push on the pedal. Next thing I know I'm smelling burning brakes and I pull over and smoke is coming from my left front wheel. I let it cool off and slowly drove it back home. I figured it was the caliper guide pins, so I pulled the caliper off and cleaned and lubed the pins. They weren't corroded and after lubing they slid in and out very easily. So I tried pressing the brakes and the wheel locked up. So I figured it was the caliper needing replacing so today I replaced the caliper, bled the brakes several times and my truck is still pulling to the right and that new caliper doesn't seem to want to let go after the truck is at rest. I haven't drove it much because I'm afraid that if I do it's just going to burn up the pads again. Any idea on what it could be? I guess I should mention that I do have an ABS light on, but not the brake light. The light came on last year and after having it scanned it was the left front sensor so I replaced it and the light went off for about a month, but it's back on now. Could it be a component of the ABS causing my problems? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Anyone with any idea at all? I'm going to pull the caliper off again today and see if there is anything going on under there that I might have missed.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Try replacing the hose connected to that one bad caliper.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Actually was just beginning to suspect the hose. Its going to be quite agravating if it was just the hose all along, but at the same time its th only other thing i can think of

Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
It was the brake hose all along... damn. $14.99 for the hose vs $51.99 for the caliper. Oh well. I guess I'll change the right side caliper and hose eventually.

Quick Reply: Need help quick!