With this forum's help...I just pulled the trigger on BMFs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With this forum's help...I just pulled the trigger on BMFs

After lurking here for months, first in researching F150s in general, then the Ecoboost engine etc etc.... I bought a new FX4 last week with all the goodies.....only option I DIDN't get was the factory 20s because I knew I wanted to lift it some and put aftermarket wheels.... So after searching this forum for a week straight gathering info on wheels/tire sizes and lift/leveling kits, I finally ordered all of my stuff today. It will be a couple weeks before I get it all installed but.... I went with 20x9 BMF Novakanes in Death Metal black, 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers and an AS 1.5" leveling kit.... HOPEFULLY I won't have any rubbing issues or have to cut on anything...

Here is a crappy cell pic of the new victim:

Here is the wheels:

I will get some good pics after its all together. I am kind of concerned about the 0* offset of the BMFs....I didn't want the tires to stick out TOO much....nor did I want them tucked up in there like stock. BMFs only come in 0* offset so, I know they are gonna stick out some, hopefully its not obnoxious with the 305s... We'll see..

Anyway, thanks for all of the info this forum has provided. I look forward to hanging out and posting here...

Old 07-22-2011, 05:18 PM
I think that should look great. Hopefully no rubbing, but I think u will be good.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm not rubbing with the stock wheels so with the aftermarket wheels you ought to be OK!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
I'm not rubbing with the stock wheels so with the aftermarket wheels you ought to be OK!
I hope so....I read a lot of your posts and looked at your pics....My buddy actually has the exact same truck as you(even color) and the same lift/tires.....

My concern is with the 9" wheel, 5.00" back space and 0* offset, that the wheels will stick out and when making turns, the tires may hit the inner fenders or air dam thing....This thing will actually see some off light road use so I am hoping it will not rub anywhere...

We'll find out in a week or two...

Old 07-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
With a 33 inch tall tire you should be OK, 34's or 35's would create a potential problem.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Gave it her first bath today.....

I can't wait for the new wheels and mini lift to go in it..... It should look good...

Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the club man! I've got the same wheels on my 09 with Trail Grapplers! I had to trim the valance a little bit but you may squeeze by with the Terras since they aren't as aggressive.. You're gonna love the wheels though let me tell ya! You can look in my gallery at my pics, and you can kind of see how far they stick out. I think they look perfect!

Last edited by Bjnewton1; 07-27-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Bjnewton1
Welcome to the club man! I've got the same wheels on my 09 with Trail Grapplers! I had to trim the valance a little bit but you may squeeze by with the Terras since they aren't as aggressive.. You're gonna love the wheels though let me tell ya! You can look in my gallery at my pics, and you can kind of see how far they stick out. I think they look perfect!
Hey bro, I just checked out your pics....the wheels and tires are perfect on your truck! I kind of question going with the Terras instead of the Trails but.... I didn't want to affect my daily hwy use TOO much as my truck will be 99% highway/city use....(I live in the Houston area)... But those Trails definitely look much better then the Terras...

How much did you lift the front end? Notice any MPG loss?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Before the wheels and tires I was averaging about 17-18 mpg with my normal daily trip to work. It's about 15 miles highway and then 5 miles on roads with 30-45 mph speed. I've only had them on a couple weeks so I haven't filled up yet, but my computer says I'm getting 16 now. So not much of a difference. I'm not sure what the size of the level is... it was on the truck when I bought it. With the stock tires, I was sitting at 39", ground to center of the wheel well, all the way around and I'm now sitting at 40.5". So whatever level it is it's perfect! lol

Check out jdtech65's truck. He's got the same wheels with Terras and it looks bada$$ as well! So you still made a good choice!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bjnewton1
Before the wheels and tires I was averaging about 17-18 mpg with my normal daily trip to work. It's about 15 miles highway and then 5 miles on roads with 30-45 mph speed. I've only had them on a couple weeks so I haven't filled up yet, but my computer says I'm getting 16 now. So not much of a difference. I'm not sure what the size of the level is... it was on the truck when I bought it. With the stock tires, I was sitting at 39", ground to center of the wheel well, all the way around and I'm now sitting at 40.5". So whatever level it is it's perfect! lol

Check out jdtech65's truck. He's got the same wheels with Terras and it looks bada$$ as well! So you still made a good choice!
Cool I'll try to find pics of his...

Mine is going in the shop in the morning for the 1.5" AS leveling kit install. Then the alignment on Monday and wheels/tires tuesday.... I can't wait..

Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
sick!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Patiently Waiting!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Ajrothm, where are you getting the leveling kit installed?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM
wish i had waited to get my truck!!! your truck is great looking man and i love the fx4 with leather. plus it's got an ecoboost... how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

i have terra grapplers on mine and i'm extremely dissapointed in them. i'm actually looking at different wheel/tire combinations so i can get rid of them.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Nice truck, its going to look great!
I believe your wheels should stick out about 1-1.5" with that offset, I have +18 5.5 BS and they stick out about an 1"

Quick Reply: With this forum's help...I just pulled the trigger on BMFs