Any ideas? - Brake job help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I saw that, but I'm not touching it... I'm going to find out why the axle should come off. He said something about backing plates. Plus I don't have the time... work 7 days a week and school 5. Not happening

Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Yeah it's annoying, everytime I've had something done, I've had an issue. Nothing has been easy with this truck. Plug change = 1100 now this... I have 1k into the brakes (front only!!!) after this. Imagine
I change the front pads for the price of the pads. The only reason I have replaced the rotors is due to bearing failure. That is with almost 135,000 miles. I feel your pain.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM

What pisses me off is how I don't know the history of the truck. An older guy owned it and it is in great shape and low mileage. But it had quick lube oil changes, ****ty brake job. I have a back up sensor installed by who knows who. I ripped the monitor out when I got it and I can't figure out how to get the wiring out. Some is under the dash and I pulled the stuff from the back of the truck out. Just stupid crap that annoys me because it doesn't look like it was done well. I think the back up sensor wiring has a pull on the battery too. I keep it on a solar charger most days and when I don't it turns over slower like something was draining the battery

Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
What pisses me off is how I don't know the history of the truck. An older guy owned it and it is in great shape and low mileage. But it had quick lube oil changes, ****ty brake job. I have a back up sensor installed by who knows who. I ripped the monitor out when I got it and I can't figure out how to get the wiring out. Some is under the dash and I pulled the stuff from the back of the truck out. Just stupid crap that annoys me because it doesn't look like it was done well. I think the back up sensor wiring has a pull on the battery too. I keep it on a solar charger most days and when I don't it turns over slower like something was draining the battery
guess its time for a new truck

Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Yeah right... I'll have this til I die. I'm 20

Quick Reply: Any ideas? - Brake job help