'07 F150 Bearing issue- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '07 F150 Bearing issue- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Need to replace the front wheel bearings (right and left) on stock 07 F150. Found out I can replace the bearings now, and not have to buy the whole hub assembly. The bearings have been going bad but now they are BAD. Have to replace ASAP. Problem is, no parts stores can tell me what parts to get!! OReilly's has a bearing kit, but the guy at the store can't tell me what's in it before I pre-order it and pay for it! Advance can't tell me if the bearing listed is the inner or outer and says I just have to "pull them off and look at the #!"
Does anyone know the OEM # that I can use to find the right parts?! Help! I transport kids everyday and need to get this done this weekend! I am going crazy over something that just should not be this hard.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
you cant replace the bearings alone. if you have a 2wd you need the entire rotors which come with new bearings pressed in, if its 4wd you need new hub assemblies

if you are 2wd I highly suggest getting the centric kit that converts it to a floating rotor(4wd type rotor) and a hub so you can just change the hub or rotor independently

http://www.centricparts.com/files/F1...20Retrofit.pdf

Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 PM
It is 2WD, but I have read and been told that the bearings alone can be replaced now. The auto parts sites have a bearing by itself that is supposed to fit my truck, along with the seals. If that's not the case, why is it listed as a part for the 07 F150? This is confusing to me.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 PM
well your first indicator that they are wrong is the seals, there are no seals.

I have gone to the parts store and asked why my bearings were going bad a long time ago and they sold me tapered bearings just like any other car, well when i got home and tore my truck apart I noticed that was not the case.

the only way to change just the bearings is with the centric kit but then you also need to get 4wd rotors (comes with the kit if you order the full kit and not just the hubs). there have been a very few who have found a similar bearing and pressed the old ones out and pressed in new ones but it is not recommended and im pretty sure its an interference fit which means you have to heat up the rotor and freeze the bearing. and if you dont heat the rotor evenly and let cool evenly it will warp

Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
So, a Brake Rotor and Hub Assembly? That seems to be how it is listed.
Thank you so much for the help

Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
that centric setup you can buy the kit that comes with just hubs or hubs and rotors. you would want the hubs and rotors. this kit costs about the same as normal 2wd rotors that have the bearings in them, and down the road if you need rotors or bearings it will be cheaper because you can then change just the one.

now if you want different rotors (brembo for example) just get the hubs and then buy 4wd rotors

one more note, down the road dont forget you have this kit and you need 4wd rotors not 2wd, and if you sell be sure to explain

Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you for all your help!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
No problem I enjoy it and get satisfaction from helping people out.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
i know this tread is old, but i was told my bearing was bad. Went to get allignment after a leveling kit i put on. The wheel has very tiny movement. 06 f150 xl 170K miles.

Is there a reason they could not align it? This is the 3rd time firestone has tried to upsell me. It seems they can never just do the job i take it in for, but need to add $400 to the bill. And they charged me $25 for putting it on the rack.

will be calling manager.

thanks

Quick Reply: '07 F150 Bearing issue- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!