Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes

I need help my 97 150 doesn't have any brake pedal when its running. here is a list of what I have done. New pads in the front ,new rubber brake lines front, new brake lines from the master cylinder to the rear,2 master cylinders thinking maybe the rebuilt one was bad also.
We bled the brakes per the way Ford tells us to do we also opened all four bleeders at once to make sure there was no air in the lines I have went through 2 and a half quarts of brake fluid and adjusted the rears up we still have no brakes. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 AM
do you have ABS? these devices should be cycled with a machine at a dealer. Air can get trapped in the ABS module. Sounds like you need a pressure bleed of which the dealer can do also. I would think most shops can too. If you let all the lines bleed by gravity, did you let the resorvoir get too low? Pressure is always best becasue air can remain trapped in the top of an arc'd line, and remember it doesnt take much to cause a problem like your having. rossford...

Old 10-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I do have rear wheel antilock is that the abs or are you talking four wheel antilock? We didn't do a gravity bleed and I didn't let the master cylinder get too low. I hate to take it to the dealer but if that's the only way I will give it a try. Thanks for the information I'll let you know if the pressure bleed works.

Quick Reply: Brakes