A little help on brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help on brakes...

BT98 F-150 4x4... Just did a front upper and lower balljoint change, only issue there was removing the hub from the axle. I guess after 265k they seem to rather enjoy each others company...lol...anyway, a little deep creek bath for about 30 min, and an impact on a 3 jaw puller did the trick. Got them changed, and decided to change pads as well. Driver's side pads almost gone, pass. side still had about an 1/8 inch on inside and out...
Got it all back together, now the problem is it feels like the ABS is kicking on, but only when I accelerate past 15mph, then slow, at about 15, it pulsates pretty bad...if I run it up to 12mph, it brakes baby butt smooth...

Last time I did brakes, about 3 years ago, I turned the rotors, to their minimum thickness... when i turn the rotor by hand, I don't feel any sticky spots like a warped rotor...maybe new, thicker pads amplify the warp...also bled the hell out of the brakes... this leads me to believe that the ABS sensor is bad...However, it's awfully funny it started right after my work... What ya'll think, warped rotor or bad sensor?

Edit:
Forgot to add that due to my own carelessness, I busted the seal on a CV joint, so I put a new axle in... Don't know if that changes anything, but the info is out there...

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 10-29-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone?

Quick Reply: A little help on brakes...