How To Clean Eagle Alloy 079 Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Clean Eagle Alloy 079 Chrome?

I have 20" Eagle Alloy 079 in Chrome. I'm not the most diligent at keeping my truck spotless. I had some time this weekend to detail it and found that my wheels are a mess. I have ceramic pads, but man, my wheels are filthy.

I used some Turtle Wax All Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Sprayed it on... let it soak and scrubbed with a soft bristle brush. It cleaned my tires really well with no scrubbing at all, but it didn't do too good on the wheels.

Any recommendations on what to use on these wheels? Are they actually chrome? Is there a clear coat over the chrome? I certainly don't want to damage them... just want to get them shining like new again.

I've also read that some people put a coat of wax on their wheels to make them easier to clean next time. Any thoughts?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have a picture you could put up of the rims? That would help me a lot in giving you advice on cleaning and polishing them.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got eagle alloys, mine are polished aluminum, i have been using this stuff called Zypher, best thing i have used, its a polish, easy rub it on like wax and watch all the black nasty build up come off.each time they shine more and more you can get it online, lucky for me truck stop close to home sells it.

Quick Reply: How To Clean Eagle Alloy 079 Chrome?