Pressure Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pressure Monitoring

Earlier this week I was reading an article in Decembers Motor Trend saying that as of next mont all new vehicles will have to have a tyre pressure monitoring system installed on it. I had a look at there web page just now & could not see anything about it but to play "devils advocate" there is little point having a system like that if u are going to ignore it. Cars are getting more complicated as time goes by and any error code or warning is only any good if something is done about it!! I just don't see the point of this one!! If yr dumb enough to drive with low pressure in yr tires the chances are u arn't gonna take any notice of a flashing light or whatever it is. Bottom line........u can't fix stupid whatever legislation is passed!!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent47
Earlier this week I was reading an article in Decembers Motor Trend saying that as of next mont all new vehicles will have to have a tyre pressure monitoring system installed on it. I had a look at there web page just now & could not see anything about it but to play "devils advocate" there is little point having a system like that if u are going to ignore it. Cars are getting more complicated as time goes by and any error code or warning is only any good if something is done about it!! I just don't see the point of this one!! If yr dumb enough to drive with low pressure in yr tires the chances are u arn't gonna take any notice of a flashing light or whatever it is. Bottom line........u can't fix stupid whatever legislation is passed!!
First, all F150s since 2007 have them. Second, on the newer models, it can be tough to ignore.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are many stories, and probably one in every single one of our families someplace, where a mom, daughter, sister, (see a pattern here) has driven home from work or the mall and report to her husband, father, brother, that something is weird with her car. Upon a quick inspection, the husband, father, brother, finds a flat tire, and a wrecked rim. If the wife, mother, daughter, had had an idiot light on her dash, she would have called for a knight in shining armour to install the temp spare, and not have cost said husband, father, brother, an expensive trip to the dealer to buy a new rim and tire. You are right though, you cannot fix stupid, but an idiot light can save time, energy, money, and even lives.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I was talking to someone the other day & they said that they thought that Ford had done this a few years ago & then it all went quiet. Kinda strange though that its not got any publicity until now.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
There are many stories, and probably one in every single one of our families someplace, where a mom, daughter, sister, (see a pattern here) has driven home from work or the mall and report to her husband, father, brother, that something is weird with her car. Upon a quick inspection, the husband, father, brother, finds a flat tire, and a wrecked rim. If the wife, mother, daughter, had had an idiot light on her dash, she would have called for a knight in shining armour to install the temp spare, and not have cost said husband, father, brother, an expensive trip to the dealer to buy a new rim and tire. You are right though, you cannot fix stupid, but an idiot light can save time, energy, money, and even lives.
Very True.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Agent47
I was talking to someone the other day & they said that they thought that Ford had done this a few years ago & then it all went quiet. Kinda strange though that its not got any publicity until now.
It has nothing to do with Ford. It was Federally mandated for the 2007 model year.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
RIght. It's been federally mandated since 2007.

Quick Reply: Pressure Monitoring