Tires and rims question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires and rims question

I am looking within the next 6 months to lift and put new tires and rims on my f150 screw. I am caught between keeping stock rims and painting them black, leveling and putting 33s on my truck. Or doing a RC 6 inch lift with 35s and new rims. The latter being the most expensive obviously. I have heard that with 35s i also would have to regear as well.
What is your opinion on the options. Also i was looking at nitto trail grapplers, how good are those and do they last long on the pavement? thanks

Old 12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Trail graps are great tires, it seems everyone's running them lately. However before we can point you towards wheel color pics and more info on the truck would be helpful. And re-gearing depends on your factory ratio, driving style, and what you do with the truck (towing, hauling, offroading, mall cruising, pavement pounding, etc). If you don't know your factory ratio look on the sticker on the inside of the drivers door jamb, find the axle code, google it and then post up what ratio you have.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
That is the debate, keep it simple with a level and 33s or go all out and do the lift and 35s. It's more practical to do the level and 33s, but like pizzaman says, it all depends on how u use your truck and what u want. After all, its your money and your truck. Good luck with your decision. And u can fit up to 35s with just a level, if u want the 35s but not the lift.

Quick Reply: Tires and rims question