Which one would be the best for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which one would be the best for me

Ok so i have a long list of mods that i want to do. One of them being a lift with 315/75/16's but i cant figure out what tire would be the best.

I have looked at GoodYear duratracs
Toyo m/t's
Nitto Trail Grapplers

I have a couple questions:
1. What is the tread life of these tires
2. I need a tire that can handle Iowas crazy weather, so it needs to be able to do good on wet pavement, snow and mud

If you have any other suggestions i am definately willing to listen but i want a tire with an aggressive or semi aggressive tread pattern.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I say the same thing in every "which tire is best" thread that comes up and surprisingly, no one ever cracks on my comment...

Between the tires listed there, they're all very, very good tires. In fact, just about any name brand, main stream tire out there is good. You'd be hard pressed to find a "bad" tire these days. Funny thing about tire opinions is they can vary drastically from one person to another. It's tough to go off that sometimes, but it's not practical to try all three back to back to see which one is best for you, so what does one do???

So here's the deal...if you've narrowed it down to one of those three tires for reason XXXX, then out of those three, pick which one you think looks the best and you'll be completely happy. None of those are bad, and at some point, all three of those tires have been ranted and raved about, so you really can't go wrong. But if you pick one based off a recommendation from someone on here and you're not completely happy with it, you never will be.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i understand completely but i guess the main thing is i want the looks but i need one that is excpetional in mud rain and snow. I want good traction in snow but i dont want to struggle for grip in mud.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, at the risk of being too generic for your question, here's something to keep in mind with tires; you do not get to have your cake and eat it too! There is always, always, always, a compromise when it comes to tires. Mud, rain, and snow are three completely different animals and you need to accept the best compromise between them or pick the one that's of utmost importance. Stated once again, none of your options are going to be bad in any of those. If I were backed into a corner at gunpoint to pick one of your three based off your comments, I'd probably go with the GY as being the best compromise of the three. But it's not my personal favorite looking.

Actually, with your requirements that you've listed, (and the fact a GY made your cut) I'm surprised you didn't list or consider the (new) GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar!!??!! The asymmetric tread with three different sections offers an incredible compromise to various conditions, while still being very agressive and might I say, my favorite looking tire. Had mine for 26,000 miles now and are the best tire I've ever had on this truck.