Centric hub install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centric hub install?

Looking for install instructions for the Centric hub (120.65128) on a 2wd 2007 f150 xlt. I'm pretty sure it's just removing the old hub/rotor, clean spindle, and slide on Centric hub, then put on spindle nut and torque. Correct? Do I need to grease the spindle or anything? My Hanyens and Chiltons books suck, and don't really say much. It does show the 2wd having the spindle nut with cotter pin though. My new nuts don't have holes for a cotter pin...?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I am guessing you have done the install by now. Any advice? I am about to have to tackle this in the next couple of weeks. About to order parts.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by TxNessie84
I am guessing you have done the install by now. Any advice? I am about to have to tackle this in the next couple of weeks. About to order parts.
Yes, very easy install. Once you get the caliper and caliper mount braket off, it's just a matter of taking off the spindle nut, (36 mm if I remember correctly and mine came right off with just a 24" breaker bar) pull off rotor and hub assembly, (mine came right off, but I've heard some need a little persuasion) then clean spindle real good, (brake cleaner only), let dry, then slide new hub on and secure with NEW spindle nut, and torque. You will need a 300ft/lb torque wrench. Torque is 295. Check me on that though. And then of course, don't forget to put a new cotter pin in.

Also, I just hung the caliper out of the way with a metal cloths hanger.

Hope this helps!
Jeff

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Finally got the combination of all of the parts and the time to do the install. Other than the various nuts and bolts installed by a gorilla at the factory it was pretty simple.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW: I ran my new centric brake/hub setup for one week in my daily commute and I pulled my wheel off to check everything and to my surprise in that one week of my commute I found a lot of dust and sand in the hole of the new hub! It rained hard that week and one day I drove thru rain. So, I measured the inside diameter which was 2.70" and I looked around and found some trailer dust caps for these new hubs. I found some and first made sure they would clear my rims and such. The pair I bought had a 2.72" OD and they would not fit without some slight re-engineering, I took my needle nose pliers and made 3 small recesses evenly spaced on the dust cap lip just to give me enough slake to drive the caps in with my rubber mallet, they fit fine after the adjust. Weather this mod will help save my new bearings or not I don't know but for $5 for the pair, I have some peace of mind about trash and water splashes getting in there. YMMV: use at your own risk!

Quick Reply: Centric hub install?