Goodyear Wranglers ATS LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear Wranglers ATS LT

question....has any one had issues with this tire, as far as balancing? I'm refering to the LT275/70/17 load C. I recently bought a very nice used pair of a wrecked truck, the tires i bet didnt have 3-4000 miles maybe. I know they wont ride as smooth as a P metric, but both tires/wheels have more weights than i've ever seen on any tire i've had. Rims are perfect, no problems with the previous Duelers "P" std ply. I watched them being balanced, and the tires were very smooth, no obvious wierd stuff going on. I even had the drivers side rebalanced at another shop, and same thing. Lots of weights. This is contributing to my bed bounce, but they are smooth as glass on a smooth road. Empty bed, expt tool box and always full tank of gas. I did some googlin' after the fact and saw a LOT of comments aboout this tire having balancing problems. I'm not bashing Goodyear, just seeing if anyone else using this tire has this problem. On bumps or wavy areas in the road, its like it sets up a resonate frequency, esp driivers side. Its not real bad, but something doesnt seem right. I run around 35 psi, and everying is tight underneath. Thought about some other shocks, but not sure if that might make it worse if using a stiffer shock. thanks in advance for any suggestions. rossford

Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rossford
question....has any one had issues with this tire, as far as balancing? I'm refering to the LT275/70/17 load C. I recently bought a very nice used pair of a wrecked truck, the tires i bet didnt have 3-4000 miles maybe. I know they wont ride as smooth as a P metric, but both tires/wheels have more weights than i've ever seen on any tire i've had. Rims are perfect, no problems with the previous Duelers "P" std ply. I watched them being balanced, and the tires were very smooth, no obvious wierd stuff going on. I even had the drivers side rebalanced at another shop, and same thing. Lots of weights. This is contributing to my bed bounce, but they are smooth as glass on a smooth road. Empty bed, expt tool box and always full tank of gas. I did some googlin' after the fact and saw a LOT of comments aboout this tire having balancing problems. I'm not bashing Goodyear, just seeing if anyone else using this tire has this problem. On bumps or wavy areas in the road, its like it sets up a resonate frequency, esp driivers side. Its not real bad, but something doesnt seem right. I run around 35 psi, and everying is tight underneath. Thought about some other shocks, but not sure if that might make it worse if using a stiffer shock. thanks in advance for any suggestions. rossford
First 35 is too low for those tires. Should be at 40, which is what Ford recommends for them. As far as "bed bounce", they all do no matter what tires are on there. Do you have the OE shocks on still on. That would cause problems as they are not working anywhere neare how they should at so many miles and 7 years.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've run those same tires and size on my Hemi Dodge work truck since 2005 and have had no issues at all, great all around tire. You say they were from a vehicle in an accident, might have a broken belt depending on the wreck.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:14 AM
I've had mine for 5.5 yrs now, not 1 single issue. They barely loose air season to season. I've maintained 40 psi also. I've had no balancing issues either.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 PM
thanks for the input,.......i'll bump up the psi to 40 (they are rated for 50max). I put a pair of Gabriels on the back at about 30-35 thou, they are ok. (I have 48k now) for the price and factory soft type ride. The tires i got, i did check them very closely outside and inside for any damage, they appeared just like new, some of the blue was still on the white lettering. I'm itching to try the Rancho 5000's or the KYB gas adjust but i'm stuck with them once installed, and i just think those 2 would be a little stiff for daily driver. That's what i would like comments on also. As mentioned, before with the Duelers, it wasn't bad at all. I did notice on Tire rack, that the Silent armor had a very good survey, all green if i rememeber correcctly. thanks...rossford

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 PM
rossford the goodyear wrangler your asking about seems to be just fine in my book .. thats what i have on my truck and they are doing great for me

Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Green01Lariat
rossford the goodyear wrangler your asking about seems to be just fine in my book .. thats what i have on my truck and they are doing great for me
Do you have a "P" tire or an "LT" though?? I'm guessing from your pic that you have a P tire And you also have the Wrangler SR-A's, not the ATS's that OP is referring to.

Last edited by Red02FX4; 03-05-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
i got the LT load "C". yes there not going to be smooth as a P series, but they are really good looking tires. The tread is a lil more agressive than the duelers, and they do make a lil noise. I think im going for a different shock, but not a stiff shock. its 2 wd and daily driver.....rossford......

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wranglers ATS LT