Caliper en fuego

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caliper en fuego

Last week my left rear caliper was sticking, I was able to mess with it and thought little of it. Today, I noticed the truck had a little shimmy in the wheel and felt down on power as I went down the road at 70+. Should have thought about that shimmy. As I pull off the highway in a plume of smoke from the right front, with flames after I get out and look at it, I grab the extinguisher and put it out. A very cool trucker does the same with a second. Seized front caliper.

I'll swap out the 4 calipers and connecting lines and swap the fluid. My question is has anyone else dissected their seized calipers and if so did you find anything noteworthy? I got lucky today. Thanks.

James

Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by james04
Last week my left rear caliper was sticking, I was able to mess with it and thought little of it. Today, I noticed the truck had a little shimmy in the wheel and felt down on power as I went down the road at 70+. Should have thought about that shimmy. As I pull off the highway in a plume of smoke from the right front, with flames after I get out and look at it, I grab the extinguisher and put it out. A very cool trucker does the same with a second. Seized front caliper.

I'll swap out the 4 calipers and connecting lines and swap the fluid. My question is has anyone else dissected their seized calipers and if so did you find anything noteworthy? I got lucky today. Thanks.

James
The 04s did have a problem with sticking calipers. Ford put out a TSB that changed the design of both rotor and calipers. Make sure you get the new designs.

Quick Reply: Caliper en fuego