wider more aggressive

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wider more aggressive

Hello; I've been reading a lot .I'm new here but not new.
I'm looking for a more aggressive looking wider than stock tire without actually going taller . I do not want to regear. I am also looking for a programmer to help a little in the power department.

I have a 2001 screw with 265/75/16 cooper at3's. it came stock with 245/65/16's. The coopers are actually great tires. quiet and great tread life.good in dirt and fairly good in light mud.

I daily drive my truck but i do drive on the beach a lot.(wilmington,Myrtle beach, and the outer banks) and thats where i want a wider tire. I've got a set of 16x10 aluminum wheels and am looking for any solid suggestions on a GREAT sand and daily driver tire. I do not want or need a taller tire. Thank you and i'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your current tires are basically a 32x10.50 tire. A 10.50 inch/265mm wide tire is really too narrow for a 10 inch wide wheel. It offers no sidewall protection and you have a good chance of unseating a bead when aired down. With the rims you have, I'd go with a 305/70-16, which is essentially a 33x12.50 tire. I know you said you don't want to go taller, but you really don't have a choice if you want a wider tire as I'm unaware of anyone who makes a 32x12.50-16 tire. Plus, I doubt you will notice any performance difference with just an added inch of height.
As for tires, as a general rule wide, all terrain tires, aired down, work best in sand. I'd suggest the Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo AT, BFG AT KO, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Pro Comp Xtreme AT or **** Cepek FCII.

Last edited by wandell; 10-28-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: wider more aggressive