Wheel Spacer Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Spacer Question

My truck is lifted 2.5" in the front with a Rough Country level, and a 2.5" block in the back. I just bought a set of 35/12.50/20 BFG All Terrains for it because I really wasn't liking the gap in the wheel well I was getting with the 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers. I didn't use a spacer, even though there was slight rubbing when I cut it in U-Turns, but I feel like I will definitely them for these tires, maybe even in the rear too. What are y'all's thoughts on spacer size (1.25"-2"?) and would I need some in the back as well? Thanks.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:53 PM
You should be fine in the rear with no spacer, but adding a spacer up front is just going to move the rubbing from one place to another and you'll end up having to cut and trim a decent amount most likely. A narrower 35" tire would've been a better choice, but because it's an a/to there's no huge side lugs so that'll help some.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
You should be fine in the rear with no spacer, but adding a spacer up front is just going to move the rubbing from one place to another and you'll end up having to cut and trim a decent amount most likely. A narrower 35" tire would've been a better choice, but because it's an a/to there's no huge side lugs so that'll help some.
So you think I would be fine without the spacer in the front?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
but adding a spacer up front is just going to move the rubbing from one place to another and you'll end up having to cut and trim a decent amount most likely...
Originally Posted by TeeHoward
So you think I would be fine without the spacer in the front?
Quoted the part for you from my first post. I doubt you'll be fine and have no rubbing with or without the spacer. It just depends where you want to put the rubbing at.

How much rubbing is going to be where I can't really say, every truck is different.

However I don't recommend spacers, they're inherently dangerous and need to be regularly checked. Plus for the price of a good set your already a 1/4-1/2 way there for a new set of wheels with the right offset/backspacing.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacer Question