ABS light is on

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS light is on

I had a lift and new larger tires put on my truck last week. This morning on the way to work, my ABS light came on and stayed on. I was driving at a steady speed on the freeway when this happened. Anybody else had this problem after installing bigger tires and wheels? I changed from 255/70R16 to a 315/75R16. The truck looks good with the new tires but that light bugs me.

Old 08-29-2001, 03:32 PM
Get that checked out. Most likely it didnt like the tire change.

Old 08-30-2001, 11:18 AM
Thanks. I'm going to be hooking it up to a diagnostic computer next week to see if I can locate the culprit. I checked for loose connections and couldn't find any obvious ones.

Old 09-05-2001, 10:00 PM
I bought new tires about 3 weeks ago and 2 days after my anit-lock light came on. I just put the factory size on it like it had before tough. I checked the anti-lock computer like my service manual showed and got the codes but was over my head and my "backwoods mechanic" fixed it for $40 parts and labor. It was some switch or sensor or something like that on the rear dif.

Old 09-13-2001, 07:46 AM
Well I found out what the problem was last night. Apparently the when the lift was installed, the ABS sensor wire on right front wheel was properly tied up. It was rubbing on the inside of the wheel until it just wore through and broke. That would explain why it took a few days for the ABS light to come on. I've got it rigged together now but I'm going to try and get the shop to replace the wire since it seems to have been caused by their install. Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

Quick Reply: ABS light is on