Keep rims i have or...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I like the bottom pic in your O P

Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scarlet
I like the Stock rims much better. Looks like a "Truck" rim, rather than a "Bling" rim to me.
^ This. Could not have said it better myself.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:49 AM

I like the stock ones. Your biggest problem with the wheels that are on the truck is that YOU didn't choose them, so they're not your top choice for an aftermarket set of wheels. Know what I mean?

Personally, I don't like the wheels on the truck very much, but I've never seen anyone else with them and having highly unique wheels is worth a lot in my book! Millions of people have those stock 20s.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 12-15-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Around these parts, we's civilized - our roads be paved. No need fer mudbuggers, son!

I run Cooper Zeon LTZ's - look fantastic, great grip (even in the snow we get) and in the STOCK size - no need fer silly levelin - and lighter AND less $$$ than Toyos.
Says the man who spent $150 on light bulbs when the stock ones are "just as good" and "ideal" cause there's nothing wrong with them and they cost 60 cents . . .

Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
I vote for the rims you have now as well.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I like the stock ones. Your biggest problem with the wheels that are on the truck is that YOU didn't choose them, so they're not your top choice for an aftermarket set of wheels. Know what I mean? Personally, I don't like the wheels on the truck very much, but I've never seen anyone else with them and having highly unique wheels is worth a lot in my book! Millions of people have those stock 20s.
I know exactly what your saying and I think that's why I want something different. I mean these rims look good if I want my truck to be more on the flashy/sporty side. But that's not what I'm looking for. I want something that will suit the blackout, mean truck look.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
now more leaning towards going away from stock 20s to aftermarket 18s. is this a good or bad idea? and what are everyones opinions about the **** cepek torque rims and general grabber at2 tires?

Old 12-16-2013, 12:06 AM

There is no good or bad idea, just the idea that you want to do most. It can be hard justifying that you need to change wheels and tires, but if you can do it, go for it. I've sort of been in the same position as you twice. My truck came with 22s, not my thing so I picked up some more off-road style 20s used that I like, but don't completely love and 2 of em are a little bent. So I like my current wheels much more than the 22s, but they still aren't my absolute favorite and I didn't fully "choose" them. For 4-600 more I could have gotten perfect, brand new wheels that I selected entirely on my own. I've spent that 10x over on other stuff and would have done that if I could do it over again.

Just get EXACTLY what you want first time 'round and don't let a few hundred bucks keep you from being happy. And don't listen to other people, YOU know what ya want, deep down somewhere. It's profound, go find it haha.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 12-16-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

With me, when I ordered my Lariat, I liked the look of the stock 18" rims. The main reason I didn't order the chrome package was because I thought the 20" rims that came with the package looked awful. Plus I like the added sidewall height of the 18" rims, and the look. When I got my first set of Cooper AT3's I bought another set of the 18" rims off Ebay to put them on. I just like the look of the rims. When I decided to get custom rims for my truck I wanted something that was different, rather than what I was seeing around. And that is Black. Or "Turbine" looking. And it seemed a lot of what I was seeing was six-spoke. Not that there is anything wrong or bad about them. They are perfectly suited for a lot of trucks and look great. But not what I was looking for. I wanted chrome. I just thought that chrome would look better and accent the chrome I had on the truck. But Most of what I was finding was 20" or above, or just had a "Bling" look that I didn't want. I know this sounds dim witted, but, even though I like the old school five-spoke look, it is a bit tired. After much searching I found several styles and types that I liked. I ended up going with the KMC Skitch rims in chrome 18"x8", with another set of Cooper AT3's. The rims are in the style of a traditional five-spoke, but not in the usual pattern. After I got them, and before I had them installed I wasn't sure I was gonna like them. But after I had them installed I love 'em. So these guys are right. Take your time and get what YOU want, and like...

Last edited by Scarlet; 12-16-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Scarlet
With me, when I ordered my Lariat, I liked the look of the stock 18" rims. The main reason I didn't order the chrome package was because I thought the 20" rims that came with the package looked awful. Plus I like the added sidewall height of the 18" rims, and the look. When I got my first set of Cooper AT3's I bought another set of the 18" rims off Ebay to put them on. I just like the look of the rims. When I decided to get custom rims for my truck I wanted something that was different, rather than what I was seeing around. And that is Black. Or "Turbine" looking. And it seemed a lot of what I was seeing was six-spoke. Not that there is anything wrong or bad about them. They are perfectly suited for a lot of trucks and look great. But not what I was looking for. I wanted chrome. I just thought that chrome would look better and accent the chrome I had on the truck. But Most of what I was finding was 20" or above, or just had a "Bling" look that I didn't want. I know this sounds dim witted, but, even though I like the old school five-spoke look, it is a bit tired. After much searching I found several styles and types that I liked. I ended up going with the KMC Skitch rims in chrome 18"x8", with another set of Cooper AT3's. The rims are in the style of a traditional five-spoke, but not in the usual pattern. After I got them, and before I had them installed I wasn't sure I was gonna like them. But after I had them installed I love 'em. So these guys are right. Take your time and get what YOU want, and like...
Your truck looks good! Those rims are nice. What size tires are you running?

Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Stock size 275/65-18

Old 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Going to revive the thread here. I'm going to go for 18s as I feel it will give me the best offroad/mean look. Give me some opinions on tires and rims. Here's a pic of my truck if it helps:

Last edited by FX4Matt; 12-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 AM

Do you want all black, chrome, or a machined wheel?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Do you want all black, chrome, or a machined wheel?
All black would be my first choice

Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 AM

You're just gonna have to Google "black f150 wheels" to get an idea of what you like, cause that's what I'm doing lol. There's lots of great stuff to pick from from!

I like this thread
https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...re-thread.html

Last edited by KMAC0694; 12-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Keep rims i have or...