Spare Tire Carrier...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 AM
DMA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare Tire Carrier...

Good morning, all. Has anyone out there heard of anything similar to a TireGate product, but one that will actually fit a 2002 S'Crew? I found their PR Series and HT Series, but after speaking with the owner, none of them will fit the tailgate opening on the S'Crew. He said they don't get enough requests for this application for them to fabricate a product. Any direction would be appreciated. I just moved to a larger wheel/tire combo and now I need to mount my spare somewhere other than underneath the rig. In addition, I would still like to be able to use my bed to haul stuff from time to time and would still like to be able to park in my garage, which means whatever solution I choose, it cannot extend past the existing bumper. Thanx.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Just put the largest tire you can under the bed in the normal place. For a spare you may not ever need, that should suffice.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
DMA
Yes, I was thinking that two, but not until after I had already purchased the 5th wheel and tire. So, now I'm stuck and need to go with an aftermarket solution. I was totally ready to go with tiregate, but they are simply not made for the S'Crews smaller bed opening. Guess I may just have to find a welder to craft me a replica. Thanx.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have a trailer hitch? There are some that are hitch mount and will fold down to get access to the bed.

Something like this

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Bumpers-Jeep...FVLxOgodcRsAeA

Also Google "spare tire carrier" f150. You will find quite a few sites.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM
DMA
Yes, I've spent hours praying to the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful Google, but to no avail. Remember, one of my requirements was...

Originally Posted by DMA
...would still like to be able to park in my garage, which means whatever solution I choose, it cannot extend past the existing bumper...
Thanx.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 PM
I doubt very much there is anything then other than and in bed carrier. They do have them that allows the tire to stand up in the bed next to the bedside. All the rear mounts will stick out well beyond the bumper with a spare mounted.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Any roof mount options?

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2013, 08:51 PM
DMA
Originally Posted by jaws12
Any roof mount options?
Yeah, I though about that as well, but didn't really want to block my sunroof...not to mention I'd be about 9 inches too tall for my garage door.

So, as others have mentioned, I need to either resign myself to a bed mounted holder or find a local welder to make something custom for me. Thanx for all your suggestions.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:33 PM
You need something like this.

http://www.m5p.com:8000/pickup/

or this

http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-be...are-tire-mount

One other thing I will mention is with the tailgate mount, all you will see in the rearview mirror is tire. With a bed mount mounted to the side and front, you will never see it.

Last edited by kingfish51; 12-19-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Carrier...