Guess that wheel/tire combo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wutsittou
If my current tires hold out until I'm ready with the cash and what I want, I may go to 18's since the XD spys look better with the extra black. Also, I'll have a bit more height options with the 18's.

All I know is anything will be better than whats on there. 245/70/17 Starfires. They came with the truck...I had a lot of people tell me "Nice truck, but your wheels look tiny"

Thanks for your help btw.

I don't mind a little bit of rake, I actually don't have a preference. I just wanted to avoid too much sagging in the front with the bumper lol.
What the hell are starfires? we put all kind of cheapo, weird tire brands on our cars at the dealership.

I like an inch or so of rake too myself. Anything less and it looks like the rear is sagging.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Exactly! I never heard of them either until I got the truck. Believe me I've used a lot of different brands. When I was in highschool, all I could afford was used cheapos ha ha. I've gotten good at handling blowouts. Anyways, They've held good though can't complain. I just don't see them making it if I hit a rock just right. I've had rocks smaller than a palm of a hand rip a hole in the side wall of other tires.

I'm definitely not a fan of the sag on the back lol so I'll try to go for at least an inch. I'll measure once I get the bumper on.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Love that wheel had them on my Titan before I traded it off last week for My New F150. I thought about going back to it on my new truck but got a sweet deal on my BMF Repr 6Name:  017_zps0166f300.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  87.3 KB Name:  IMG_4208_zps59c31b30.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  54.6 KB

Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM
They are such sweet looking wheels. I think they go well with a lot of colors. In my opinion, they seem to have a good balance between the chrome and black.

Congrats on the new F150!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 AM

Exactly! I never heard of them either until I got the truck. Believe me I've used a lot of different brands. When I was in highschool, all I could afford was used cheapos ha ha. I've gotten good at handling blowouts. Anyways, They've held good though can't complain. I just don't see them making it if I hit a rock just right. I've had rocks smaller than a palm of a hand rip a hole in the side wall of other tires.

I'm definitely not a fan of the sag on the back lol so I'll try to go for at least an inch. I'll measure once I get the bumper on.
I haven't even had a flat yet, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have a blowout!

Sounds like a plan and I'm looking forward to seeing the bumper.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6

Finestyle150 on here has -18 offset wheels with a much more drastic backspace.

^^ Two damn fine lookin' trucks! Reckon how come nether oneuv'em's n'er been nominomated fer TOTM?

The retrofit on finestyle's truck looks fantastic, too!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I haven't even had a flat yet, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have a blowout!

Sounds like a plan and I'm looking forward to seeing the bumper.
Yeah I need to take some picks of my truck already so yal can see how awful my wheels look now

I measured the depth of my tires at 5/32 last week. They are wearing evenly which is good but they were at like 7/32 or 8/32 4000 miles previously. I've since put close to 1,000 already. I also noticed some small chunks missing in the rear. At that rate I'll be needing new tires soon.

First I need to decide on a design for my bumper. I originally wanted to imitate the look of the frontier full bumper replacement. Its has some nice angles to it. I've had second thoughts though since I have decided to use 4 inch pipe which is free and free is good for me!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
^^ Two damn fine lookin' trucks! Reckon how come nether oneuv'em's n'er been nominomated fer TOTM?

Thank you sir Dewser! Not sure myself, kinda bugs me and it doesn't. Both of them trucks are running Magnapacks as well .

I have barely ran the truck this winter, but each time I have the Magnapack has made me happy, still glad I have it .

Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by DewserB

That is extremely surprising, I never thought about why they haven't and likely assumed I hadn't been around if I ever had. That's kind of irritating, especially because of the "quality" of the contestants lately and the fact that none ever post on here . . . Those reasons and the fact that it's dropped from 5 to 4 trucks per month, with allusion to "running out of trucks to pick from."

Yeah I need to take some picks of my truck already so yal can see how awful my wheels look now

I measured the depth of my tires at 5/32 last week. They are wearing evenly which is good but they were at like 7/32 or 8/32 4000 miles previously. I've since put close to 1,000 already. I also noticed some small chunks missing in the rear. At that rate I'll be needing new tires soon.

First I need to decide on a design for my bumper. I originally wanted to imitate the look of the frontier full bumper replacement. Its has some nice angles to it. I've had second thoughts though since I have decided to use 4 inch pipe which is free and free is good for me!
Mine aren't wearing evenly with almost exactly 5k on them, 2 wheels are bent, and I drive my truck pretty hard . . . SOOO I don't expect more than 25k or so out of them. I don't even want to put my tire gauge on them and see how that compares to what they started with . . .

I thought I had really decided to opt for some PTM white bumpers, and likely will still go with those, but I still want full replacements too . . .

Last edited by KMAC0694; 01-12-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Thank you sir Dewser! Not sure myself, kinda bugs me and it doesn't. Both of them trucks are running Magnapacks as well .

I have barely ran the truck this winter, but each time I have the Magnapack has made me happy, still glad I have it .
I'd actually be pretty pissed if I were you. I don't necessarily think my own truck "deserves" to be in it or anything, but I do, objectively, feel that it's better/nicer than at least some of the trucks I've seen in TOTM recently. So I can only imagine how I'd feel if I had yours, was as "well-known" as you, and been around as long as you have.

Exhausts (on V8s) just make smiles don't they?! Love em

Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 AM
I have the Magnapack has made me happy, still glad I have it .
How is it from inside the cab? Watched your vid, sounds really nice.

I thought I had really decided to opt for some PTM white bumpers, and likely will still go with those, but I still want full replacements too . . .
I really like the front end of these trucks. If it wasn't for all the wild game and cattle on the roads I'd settle for just a bar and lights. Oh and a lot of the drivers in town are a bunch of idiots. I might be an aggressive driver myself, but I do at least use my turn signal and don't text while driving. My brakes get a good workout lol. I really want to hook up my PA and yell at any driver texting in front of me while they are stopped at a green light...

Anyways sort of back to topic...

Any ideas of decent brand tires that will give me 34" or close on 17's maybe 18's? Mostly prefer A/T

Old 01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd actually be pretty pissed if I were you. I don't necessarily think my own truck "deserves" to be in it or anything, but I do, objectively, feel that it's better/nicer than at least some of the trucks I've seen in TOTM recently. So I can only imagine how I'd feel if I had yours, was as "well-known" as you, and been around as long as you have.

Exhausts (on V8s) just make smiles don't they?! Love em
I'm not sure, I don't know if I had ticked a mod off in the past or not. I usually get along just fine with all folks at least I feel so. Being pissed about it won't get me anywhere so I just don't bother. Sure I would like to be nominated, but I don't want to complain about it and then magically be nominated and feel like the only way I got there was by bitching. Neither my '04 or '07s have been nominated so I guess the time just has not came yet. It is probably my lack of activity in the threads in TOTM but as far as I see, vote, say GL, and leave, is all I need to do.

As far as exhausts on V8s, well it depends,

How is it from inside the cab? Watched your vid, sounds really nice.
It hums pretty decent. Enough to get a bit disruptive on the phone but not enough for killing music. It out-tones the tires easily. Muffler is 75% under cab due to my Y pipe for tailpipes so that aids in the mass of volume.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:10 PM

As far as exhausts on V8s, well it depends,
http://youtu.be/NV6xfLSi5tA

It hums pretty decent. Enough to get a bit disruptive on the phone but not enough for killing music. It out-tones the tires easily. Muffler is 75% under cab due to my Y pipe for tailpipes so that aids in the mass of volume.
I'd be pretty embarrassed with that ha ha.

I might have to look you up if I ever decide to mess with my exhaust. All stock for now. I was thinking of throwing on a better muffler for the time being.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Alright, I took this at lunch just so you guys can have a look at my current wheels lol. This is my canvas! So far she only has the toolbox and handmade headache rack by my little sister for me for Christmas. Will upload a pic to my album of the headache rack.

Last edited by Wutsittou; 01-13-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 AM

Darren, ew . . . WTF was that mess?

Wutsittou, that is almost EXACTLY what my truck used to look like! Seems so long ago now . . .

BFG has their AT/KO in a 34 for 18s, size 305/65/18 comes out to 33.6". I only have all of the sizes memorized for 20s haha.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rrain+T%2FA+KO

EDIT: Just read that a guy ordered Toyo AT2 Xtreme's in a 295/70/18 (34.25"). Only problem with both of those sizes is that they're both wide enough that they may rub if you run them on stock wheels.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 01-14-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Guess that wheel/tire combo!