64.29%
Go with the Black
35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Deciding on Rims Chrome or Black? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gotta go with the fully chromed rims as well man. Just like most everyone else said, bright red and chrome accents on the rest of the truck just beg for the shiny chrome wheels. Voted! And way to go on getting them to replace them for free on the shoddy chrome job!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Black IMO

Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

After seeing them both I still prefer the Chrome. Cleaner look, and besides, it seems everybody has Black these days. Not in all, but in a lot of cases, it just gets over done.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you had replaced your bumper with another chrome bumper I'd have said keep the chrome wheels, everything flows just fine. But now with that black front bumper the truck looks confused, it doesn't flow anymore.

Change is good.. It allows you to fall in love with your truck all over again keeping you in it and from wanting a new truck longer. Shoot, in the almost 10 years I've owned my truck I must have changed everything 3-4 times and I still love it and will probably change things around again in the future to keep it fresh.

I say go with the black wheels, black rear bumper and already it'll flow soo much better. Then if you wanna go all out, do a red grille surround, black grille, black steps, heads and box and your done. Black wheels are only over done if You've already done it.

But ultimately it's your choice. Good luck

Last edited by tg150; 01-06-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I don't think this could be any more split haha

I think the tool box is the thing that stand out the most to me that does not go with the black

Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
I don't think this could be any more split haha

I think the tool box is the thing that stand out the most to me that does not go with the black
That can be powder coated or line-x'd

Old 01-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
I like the black ones, they match your front bumper and other accents better.

btw, what bumper is that?
It's a Tactical Armor Group Bumper .... it took a bit of time to make but it really is a good quality bumper. Just don't expect it fast lol

Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
That can be powder coated or line-x'd
For the cost of that I could buy a new black one

Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For the cost of that I could buy a new black one
Maybe that then, but the other mentioned methods will give you a guaranteed durable finish.

If not, plasti-dip?

Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by tg150
If you had replaced your bumper with another chrome bumper I'd have said keep the chrome wheels, everything flows just fine. But now with that black front bumper the truck looks confused, it doesn't flow anymore.

Change is good.. It allows you to fall in love with your truck all over again keeping you in it and from wanting a new truck longer. Shoot, in the almost 10 years I've owned my truck I must have changed everything 3-4 times and I still love it and will probably change things around again in the future to keep it fresh.

I say go with the black wheels, black rear bumper and already it'll flow soo much better. Then if you wanna go all out, do a red grille surround, black grille, black steps, heads and box and your done. Black wheels are only over done if You've already done it.

But ultimately it's your choice. Good luck

This gentleman has good advice with the black suggestions. If you want to go with the black and do it right I think all his suggestions are spot on. Here is a photoshop. I really like it! Actually love it! You'll need a bigger budget

Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 PM

I agree, I think it's the toolbox and the chrome on the front end. But both or either can be taken care of relatively easily!

Edit: Just saw the photoshop, and me likey!

Old 01-06-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by rangerrick
This gentleman has good advice with the black suggestions. If you want to go with the black and do it right I think all his suggestions are spot on. Here is a photoshop. I really like it! Actually love it! You'll need a bigger budget

Thanks for the kind words rangerrick I think it looks great too and Awsome photoshop work

Old 01-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Chris, not to spend your money for you but . . .

Red and black front, Harley style heads, PTM mirror caps, NFABs, appearance package new fender and tailgate badges, black tool box, black wheels, and an Iron Cross or PTM rear bumper.

But, I would do any of those because you've been looking to get a new truck soon. I only need the bumpers and a lift from the list above

Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Man this is a tuff one haha rick that looks great you are awesome at this stuff.

I agree it's like reloving your truck that is a very good point

I also get back like 260 bucks if I go with the black that I can put towards a remote start.

Kent, I was looking but they are stupid expensive and I need to buy an engagement ring (~10 grand) and looking at houses (350 +) so I think I should keep big red for a while longer. I can survive with the super cab up until children start haha.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Man this is a tuff one haha rick that looks great you are awesome at this stuff.

I agree it's like reloving your truck that is a very good point

I also get back like 260 bucks if I go with the black that I can put towards a remote start.

Kent, I was looking but they are stupid expensive and I need to buy an engagement ring (~10 grand) and looking at houses (350 +) so I think I should keep big red for a while longer. I can survive with the super cab up until children start haha.
New look, $260 back, almost free remote start. What's soo tuff?

Quick Reply: Deciding on Rims Chrome or Black? Poll