Go with the Black
35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Deciding on Rims Chrome or Black? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deciding on Rims Chrome or Black? Poll

Well I was going to save this till someone could Photoshop them on my truck but here goes

My current rims are pitting at under a year old (Wheel Pro's admits they had a bad chrome run at the time I ordered) so they are replacing my Moto Metal Rims under their warranty. I can choose any other rim they offer but I'm sticking to the same ones but I can't decide if I want to go black or not.

Wondering if they will be more durable than the chrome was

Any who here's the pictures.... Whatcha think?

Name:  IMG_20131227_145448_996_zpsbcdeabc4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  56.3 KB

Last edited by Pockets; 01-05-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For a bright red truck, stick with chrome.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could go either way but if you decide black paint the steps and rear bumper but personally i like the chrome with red. also are you having to send the current rims back? if not i might be willing to take them off your hands.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Another vote for the chrome....agree that it look's good with red.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:45 AM

I voted chrome for the fact that other than your front bumper, all of your accents are chrome. You have a chrome nose, chrome rear bumper, chrome steps, chrome tool box. I know the rims you were looking at have chrome accents in them, but I think the chrome is a better look unless you were planning to redo most or all of your chrome you currently have on the truck.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Cool

Chrome for sure. That's what I did. For me there was no question that I wanted chrome when I made the decision to purchase rims and tires. Rims are usually a focal point. I get comments on my truck constantly. Since I've had the rims and tires installed I'd say the comments are now half and half between the rims and truck overall. Like the guys said, Chrome is usually the most appealing with Red, unless you are building a Blackout theme.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Chrome.

It's just not possible fer me to overstate just how Overdone black has become. Black is the new shiney?

Sorry - ah's not bein' a big ol' hairy meanie, but I just don't git it.

If'n yer crotch be itchin' sumpin' firece wif da dee-zire ta do this'n, try Plasti-Dip - at least it's easily reversible.

And - it makes a good protective coatin' fer nice wheels that're to be used in the winter. Boh'ner, aight?

Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Well thank you all for the comments seems chrome is going to be the winner

So I'm going to choose black

Nah I'm just foolin with ya ...... went with chrome the first time as my gut feeling and you all re assured meto go with it again

Hopefully it will hold up better and iI'm going to try to let them let me keep the old ones for winter

Old 01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Just updated it y'all .....rangerrick did a phenomenal job photo shopping the rims onto my truck

Anybody change their minds? Like it a lot

Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
Just updated it y'all .....rangerrick did a phenomenal job photo shopping the rims onto my truck

Anybody change their minds? Like it a lot
It's a freakin' POLL - yall cain't change yer minds

But nupe - stickin' wif chrome - that blingy over-treatment lookee even worse than all-black. Sumptin' outta the JC Whitney stick-on catalogue ...

MGD

Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the black ones, they match your front bumper and other accents better.

btw, what bumper is that?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I personally Like Chrome on Red, It just looks Cleaner and adds class to it, Now On a Black Truck I'm with you and are torn between the 2 Had Black on my last truck But The truck was almost all Black Now I Have a Black Truck and A lot of Factory Chrome So I Chose Chrome, Not to mention I got a great Deal on my Wheels, Here are the wheels I bought from a Buddy yesterday and I'm putting them on my Truck, And the next is a Black wheel on My Old Titan, It's a Hard , decision.. Name:  IMG_7575_zpsb7867e89.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  59.9 KB Name:  016_zps37387903.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  89.0 KB

Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Pockets
Well I was going to save this till someone could Photoshop them on my truck but here goes

My current rims are pitting at under a year old (Wheel Pro's admits they had a bad chrome run at the time I ordered) so they are replacing my Moto Metal Rims under their warranty. I can choose any other rim they offer but I'm sticking to the same ones but I can't decide if I want to go black or not.

Wondering if they will be more durable than the chrome was

Any who here's the pictures.... Whatcha think?

Ok I just scrolled Up and looked at both pictures and I'm just as confused as you, I like them both and Now I tend to go towards the Black..LOL Sorry I'm not much help,

Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM

If you're keeping the chrome grill and surround, staying with the chrome is fine. But I think they gotta go and you should get the black wheels haha. I think the black and machined has shiny for the rear bumper, badges, steps, and tool box, while the black goes with the front bumper, door handles, mirrors, and windows. Either way, it still looks good.

This also makes a LOT more sense now that I know that you're getting the wheels for free.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the black wheels. Your new front end makes it match up. Had you replaced your deer encountered OEM bumper with another OEM chrome, I would say chrome. But with that, get the black motos, and maybe some black N-fab steps later on.

If your truck was all paint matched up with a chrome OEM bumper, chrome.

Quick Reply: Deciding on Rims Chrome or Black? Poll