Tire/Wheel-Aggresive Look Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire/Wheel-Aggresive Look Recommendations?

Long story short, I have a 2010 fX2 with a 2inch lift kit in the back and 1.5inch in the front. At 12k it wore out my tires apparently a bad wheel alignment and at 30k it wore them out again(I've had to pay a lot of money for these two episodes) and now at 57k it has worn out the inside part of the front two tires and I guess it's an alignment issue once again. Any suggestions fellas?

1) Is it that the lift kit is messing up the alignment every time?
2) I'm going to buy new tires and this time INSIST on FORD doing a THOROUGH job on the alignment but I will also be buying new wheels and tires. I want ATR tires with black rims with an aggressive look. The reason I had lifted it was to put bigger more aggressive looking tires and wheels later on down the road and I guess that time is now since the alignment forced me to get new tires.. again
3) Any recommendations on how to not let this problem happen again and any recommendations on tires and wheels for an aggressive look?

Old 10-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect your out of alignment issues are just the front, correct?
I also suspect you just have spacers for your lift, and if so, which brand?

If they are indeed spacers, and alignment issues are in the front, I would get rid of the spacers and go with either Bilstein height adjustable shocks, or Rancho Quicklifts (coil over kit). Its more expensive, but in the long run you'll have a better overall ride comfort and should eliminate your alignment issues, unless of course it's a structural problem with your truck/frame/suspension.

Any tweaks to the suspension (like adding shocks / coilovers) will require an alignment afterward. After I changed to Rancho Quicklifts, I ran it for 100 miles to settle in then took it to an alignment shop, and sure enough needed an alignment.

Depending on the size tire you're going for, dont think you need a rear lift up to 35", so if you're having alignment issues all the way around..i would get rid of the rear spacers if they are some off brand, and swap them out with a better known brand.