Please help, what the hell is "lug seat"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help, what the hell is "lug seat"?

I know this might seem like a stupid question, but apparently I've gotten through many decades without knowing what "lug seat" is (I'm presuming some form of measurement).

I want to order the McGard wheel locks out of my Ford performance catalog, and it states to specify wheel type and lug seat. Is it how deep the lug is (i.e. stroke) as opposed to bore?
If it helps anything, I've got 17" 5-lug cast aluminums with chrome hubs on my 2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 ORP.

Old 10-27-2001, 12:26 PM
Go somewhere like Auto Zone and see if they don't have a chart that shows the different types of lug nuts. I'm guessing that "lug seat" has something to do with the shape of the lug where it contacts the rim, as in flat or cone shaped. I think I have seen charts that show examples and Im sure they could match yours up.

Old 10-27-2001, 01:24 PM
Snyper,

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out awhile ago, it's the lug stud bore, which makes sense, because that's what the lug nut screws onto (the seat). Mine is 14mm. Now I wish the catalog had just said "wheel type and stud size" and I would have known what they were talking about.

And wouldn't you know, with my luck once I figured all that out and tried to order, the didn't have the ones for me and said I had to get them from the Ford dealer...So I did!

Quick Reply: Please help, what the hell is "lug seat"?