Replacement Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacement Tires

Time to replace the original Wrangler A/P tires. I was not happy with these and want to find a good replacement. Since I have a 4X2 I do not need an agressive tread but something good in rain and light snow. Any reccomendations?

Last edited by Sgt_Zeke; 11-07-2001 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:01 PM
Sarge, I'm running the BF Goodrich Radial A/T KO's. Most of my driving is on pavement with occasional forays into the bush. They are a very practical all around tire that will serve you well in rain or snow or just cruising up and down the street. Plus they look great IMO---Jack.

Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 AM
Smile

Thanks for the reply Mashie. I went to a site www.tirerack.com and it did not show those in 255/70/16. It recommends the Bridgestone Duler H/L or the Dunlop Radial Rover A/T/. Heard anything about these?

Old 11-07-2001, 08:24 AM
Michilin makes a great tire in that size I replaced the stock Goodyears on my last truck with some Michlins, and it drove so much better.

Old 11-07-2001, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.etires.com/ has free shipping and (no state tax outside IL) was overall the best deal I could find anywhere.

I'll second the Michelin's, either the LTX A/T or LTX M/S.

Old 11-09-2001, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Bridgestone Dueler AT's. Love 'em. More aggresive than the stock Wilderness HT's I had, but quieter and better ride.

Even though you have a 2wd (I do as well) don't be afraid to go to a more aggresive tread. They look just fine on a 2wd.

You may also consider a larger size while you're at it. I went to 265/70/16 and they fill out the wheel wells nicely on 2wd.

Old 11-09-2001, 12:48 PM
I'll second the nod on the Dueler AT's. I've been happy since I got these on my truck. They are more agressive than an all-season tire, but don't look quite as agressive as many of the all terrain tires. A little stiffer than stock or the Wilderness AT's I replaced. A good tire with a pretty decent price, IMHO. I've heard the Dueler HT's are decent dry weather tires, but aren't a lot of fun on the snow.

A lot of folks up here also like the Michelins too. If you can stand the price for the name, they are a good tire too.

You won't find the BFG AT KO's at tirerack. Since BFG tighly controls prices on that tire, they don't carry it. Folks also think pretty highly of these tires, but if you don't want an "agressive" look, then they aren't for you.

Trending Topics

Old 11-14-2001, 04:37 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the replies. I went with the Dueler H/L's The are great! They ride just a smooth as the stock Wranler A/P's did and handle much better. Now if it would just rain! Went to a Bob Sumerel Tire Store ( Maybe Local Chain) and got 10% off for my AAA card. $533 out the door for
4. What do you all think, good deal?

Quick Reply: Replacement Tires