Aftermarket rim's/stock tire's opinion's

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket rim's/stock tire's opinion's

Sorry about the dumb question. Here's my story.
I want to put a set of aftermarket rim's on my truck.I was first going to put all new larger tire's on with new rim's & now I'm second guessing it. My other thought is just putting rim's on my stock size tire's . I already have some BFG TA KO's on now in the 265/70/17 (stock size) on my stock 10 spoke's. Would it look foolish if I put a set of rim's on my stock tire size ? The more & more I think about changing tire size's & changing my spare(rim size & tire size)having my speedo & shift point's be a little off the less I think it's worth it. The rim's I am considering are 17x8 polished Atlas,17x8 Eagle 143's or 17x8 Eagle 589's. Please give me some input. My original thought was to put one of the above rim's on with 285/75/16 BFG's (in of course a 16" rim).
Thank's all....Later...Mike

Last edited by FALLSCREW; 12-02-2001 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I recently put American Racing Pythons on my truck. I have 265/75/16 goodyears on my rims. My speedo is off about 5 mph. I really like my wheels, and have gotten numerous compiments on them and I've only had them a week. I really like the atlas wheels too, but there are a lot of people around here with them so I got the pythons and I think I like these even better. Hopefully my input helps you out.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket rim's/stock tire's opinion's