Torsion Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Torsion Bars

I just installed my new rims and tires on my 2000 F150. I put 305/70R16's on 16X10 Atlas rims. To do this without a lift I cranked each torsion bar EXACTLY 2 turns each. Now me being the idiot that I am didn't measure the height of my truck to begin with. Now the drivers side is about 1/4" higher than the passenger side. And my truck pulls to the right now... Is this the torsion bars? I haven't got my front end aligned since I put these new wheels on. Do I need an alignment? PLEASE HELP!

Old 12-05-2001, 10:11 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
ON a flat surface measure your truck again. Jouste each corner a couple of times before measuring. Make sure each tire is at the recommended pressure. Measure from the center of the wheel lip to the ground. Do not use the bumper as a reference point. If the new measurements still show a difference then lower the high side. Jouste and Measure again. When it is within reason go for a test drive. It may well be that you will need an alignment. Mine did not but some others have needed it.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 12-07-2001, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no expert but,

You need to be on a flat surface as stated before. Then bounce the corners to settle the shocks, ensure all air pressures are the same. The measure from thee back side of the front fender and the front side of the back fender. And yes if you torqued on the torsion bars you need an alignment.

Quick Reply: Torsion Bars