Goodyear AT/S or BFG AT???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Bridgestone or BFG, but not GY. I had to replace the stock RT/S's because the belts were showing at 25k, not cool. The most dangerous tire on the road has to be GY. I would take a firestone w/ a blow out over any GY, at least they have enough traction to handle it. If you expect to pull a trailer in the rain sometime, the gy's can't handle it. I almost slid off the road at every stop sign. i do know the RT/S is different than the AT/S but the compound and tread design is close enough to call it even.

Old 01-28-2002, 04:02 AM
Jeremy ... Hi There Comparing Goodyear Ats to BFG AT's is like comparing a bowie knife to a chainsaw!! I had Goodyears on my truck.....and they could'nt pull a greasy man out of bed.....I think the last straw was when I got stuck in 4x4 on wet grass...( no I'm not kidding) TRUST me when I say you will be thrilled with the BFG's even though they are more cash. They have superb traction for an AT tire. Also I have about 30000 miles on mine (about even split dirt AND pavement ) and I think I have about 10-15% wear.......ALignment helps this of course.. HJope this helps CHEERS!!!!

Old 01-28-2002, 11:00 AM
Do not go with the Goodyear AT/S. I just had to be pulled out of my field (for the 2nd time) becasue these tires are crap in mud. The tread fills up with mud because they don't clean themselves.

Last edited by 36fan; 02-11-2002 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Goodyear AT/S or BFG AT???