Dealer says Ford only covers 12months/12K miles now

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. Mine was just out of warrantee too. Had a misfire at higher revs. Turned out to be a spark plug wire and one spark plug. I drove out of there with just over $300CAN repair.

Like you said, "We have your money, you want free warrantee repair...**** you".

By the way, Dave Buck Ford, North Vancouver did a hack job on my truck for an accident repair. They will never get any of my future business including parts.

On the bright side, at least most Ford dealers don't have salesmen named "Slick" with a big gold chain around their neck like some GM dealerships I know.

Not much consolation though.

Old 01-17-2002, 09:51 PM
Talking Good News

Final update - I was in getting my Free Super-Size radiator and complained of my "surging" brakes. Dealer reported that I had a Frozen caliper and replaced (Not Remx) both rotors and ALL front pads at 23000 miles. I have to admit I am happy about getting new front brakes with my new radiator. I really don't know if it matters but this dealer was a "Blue Oval" dealer.

Old 01-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Thumbs up re: TimT

Now THAT, is fantastic dealer!

In my experience, Blue Oval certified does make a difference. The delaer closest to my house has been getting all of my service biz for a few years now and they are outstanding. Yes, they are Blue Oval certified. By contrast, the dealer closest to where I work is not a Blue Oval shop and after having gone there twice, I wouldn't bring my lawnmower there for service. This is not to imply that all Blue Oval dealers are great and those that are not suck, just that my experience with these two dealers has pretty much been night and day.

Natty

Old 01-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FamilyRide
Anyhow, 12/12000 is normal for brakes. Think about it, I wouldn't warrant them for most drivers. Waaayyy to many variables.
Very good point!

Old 01-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Just got my truck back from having the rotors turned - all 4 were out of spec. It has 24,600 mi and the dealer covered it under warranty, they didn't even try to get out of it.

I can't understand why we have so much trouble out of the dealers to get warranty work done - Ford pays the dealer for the work.

My brake vibration was being masked by another vibration, of which I thought was a tire out of balance at 9k - still under the 12mo/12k warranty. They couldn't feel the vibration and didn't wan't to check the balance of the tires. I went back a second time approx a year later when the vibration was TERRIBLE, and they couldn't feel it. But recommended a tire balance (excactly what I told on my first visit), and it would be $40. I went somewhere else and got it for $20. The vibration wasn't gone but better, and I could feel my brakes surging now. I take it in this time, and they finally feel the original vibration. It only took 3 trips and 1.5 years. The amazing part is I didn't ask them to check it this time, and the vibration is the weakest now since the whole ordeal started!

Sorry for the long post - I just had to vent

Old 01-27-2002, 11:31 PM
Exclamation

Tell the advisor to bend over and see what happens. Sorry, bad day. Where's my Glock??

Quick Reply: Dealer says Ford only covers 12months/12K miles now