17 in tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 01:38 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think that the 1/2 inch will make that much difference. I think the Lightning launch comes from the ***** on Torque it gets from the blower.
That said it is your truck and everyone needs to get what is best for them..
Have fun...

Old 08-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WLF,

I agree. I just received my MagnaCharger Supercharger (waiting on some brackets, etc, that seller forgot to send). I think I have the same gear ratio (3.55) as an L, and I want to get the most "off-the-line" torque, yet, I do not want my tires to look too much like little "doughnuts" ha! and at the same time, I need a short sidewall tire to reduce sidewall flex. As well as, I know that a wider tire should provide more "sensitive" steering and control.
also, I do not want to be hydroplaning in a "normal" rain.

As you can see, I do not have much of a criteria for the tires for my 17x7.5 rims, I only need: (1) wide enough to increase steering control, yet not too wide to facilitate hydroplaning; (2) short enough to increase "take-off torque" and reduce sidewall flex in crosswinds and cornnering , yet not so short that It looks like I have little "doughnuts" for tires with my 2/2 lowering and I want to keep my front end clearance for parking pylons with my Lightning front bumper; (3) tread design for highspeed driving/cornering and wet pavement; (4) at least 44 psi but prefer 50 or more psi with a truck weight capacity; (5) longer tread life than normal highperformance tire; and (6) cheap

Thats all I need..................ha!

Last edited by iron horse; 08-01-2002 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 17 in tires