Hawk HP Superduty Pads

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hawk HP Superduty Pads

Does anyone have experience with the Hawk Perfromance Superduty Brake Pads ? I have an 2001 F150 Super Crew (4W disc brakes) with about 40k miles. I pull a car trailer that weighs about 7000 lbs several times a year.

I have had no problems with the OE brakes, but I want to check the pads & rotors for wear. Since I'll have it apart, I want to have new pads available to put on if needed. I get some brake dust with the OE pads, but I'm more concerned with the stopping power and safety.
The OE pads are priced at $81 front, $70 rear. The Hawk pads which are advertised as "much improved braking over OE" and "extremely fade resistant" are priced at $62 front, $50 rear.

This sounds like more for less, so I'm suspicious...any advice?

Old 09-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about the pricing question , but from other websites that I go to, alot of car roadracing / trackday guy's love the Hawk pads. I just put a set of the HPS street pads on my '99, but I only have @ 100 miles on them so far. They feel great but I just replaced worn out OEM stuff so of course they will feel great compared to that. Just make sure you break them in properly, do 4-5 consecutive stops, then let them cool down, repeat 3-5 times. If you don't break them in properly they may glaze up and not work as well. I bought mine at TireRack for @ $65 shipped.

I know it's not alot of info but I hope it helps.

Edit: Make sure you do a search, on this site, for hawk brake pads for more info.

Last edited by Karson5.4; 09-18-2002 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Hawk HP Superduty Pads