Pro Comp's Installed!!! Have question too.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pro Comp's Installed!!! Have question too.

Had the Pro Comps installed yesterday afternoon. I LOVE these things!!! Talk about deep tread. I compared the Pro Comp 33x12.50R17 with a brand new RT/S on the shelf and there's no comparison. The tiny little GY's look worn out already, sitting next to these babies. They handle and perform perfectly. I was expecting a float trip on the highway, but not at all. The Pro Comps have a stiffer sidewall than the stockers. The only thing I noticed is it tends to resist lane changes a little more. Feels like the wheel is a little stiffer due to the MUCH wider thread contact. No more squeeling, rough speedbumps, etc. Also, it's been raining here for 2 days straight, and I have yet to break one of these loose, even around a tight corner. I haven't purposely tried to, but I have given it a little more than I normally would while making a turn, especially with the JUNK GY's. With the 5 speed, I really can't tell any difference than before, even though not only are these tires larger, but they weigh about twice as much too. There is also no fitment issues at all, I could probably have gotten some 35's with no problem, but I have 4 cranks on the torsion bars.

Also, they Road Force balanced beautifully. I watched the whole process, and it went without a hitch. No large weights or a whole strip taped to the inside of the rim, etc.

One thing though. They are pretty round so I'm experimenting with getting them to wear evenly across the entire tread width. The dealer put 38 lbs. all the way around, and this didn't allow the outer treads to conact the ground, so I dropped to 36 up fornt, and 32 in the rear. They wear evenly now, but the rear still looks pretty inflated and the fronts are pretty squished looking. Should the front and rear "squish" about the same? Should I be running the same pressure all teh way around? Thanks!!!

-AR

Last edited by Jackal; 10-04-2002 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp's Installed!!! Have question too.