Brake Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-1999, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Brake Upgrade

Does anyone know if there is an upgraded aftermakert brake available for '97 4x4 w/ORP (primarily the fromt discs and rotors. I have about 49K on my truck and the rotors are warped althougth the pads are in great shape. Since 95% of my driving is highway, I'm sure they wouldn't have given me half that life if I drove in the city all the time ( I drive just a little on the aggressive side). Any help would be appreciated

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT,4.6, 4X4 ORP Pacific Green, Super Cab, w/Raven Cab High Glass Cap, Airaid, Custom Dual Cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster,Superchip, Rhino Lining, Halogen Driving Lights

Old 07-26-1999, 06:00 PM
check with www.stillen.com.
Most of their brake stuff is GM, but they might be able to upgrade your rotors.

Old 08-05-1999, 11:08 PM
Exclamation

You may want to check out JEGS or SUMMIT RACING . They have some after market stuff.If you replace your pads try performance plus Carbon mettalic I put them on my 97`. Thet are about 53.00 at AUTO ZONE.

Old 08-07-1999, 06:54 PM
I've had bad luck with the Carbon Metallic pads. They run hotter and have warped new rotors as early as 5,000 miles. I prefer Application Engineered from NAPA. Warrantied 3 or 4 *Carbon* brake jobs, but 0 *A.E.* brake jobs... so far.

------------------

-=[ Tuxedo Mask ]=-

-----

[ 1998 Nascar Official Truck ]

Superchip Module ~ JET Power Pulleys ~ Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler(retaining *stock* Roush dual tailpipe tip) ~ AIRAID ~ SVO 9mm Wires ~ 3.73 Performance Rear Axle ~ Synthetic Engine, Transmission and Differential Lubrication ~ Nascar soft Tonneau Cover ~ Little White Chihuahua

Quick Reply: Brake Upgrade