"99" FRONT BRAKE PADS FAULTY?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-1999, 09:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question "99" FRONT BRAKE PADS FAULTY?

HI!... Has anyone had trouble with their front brake pads wearing out really fast. Just checked mine last weekend and my front pads are almost non-exsistant. My truck is only 6 months old! My dealer wants $80.00(can) for the OEM pads but I am thinking of getting some aftermarket pads from RAYSBESTOS called SUPER STOPS. They are about $120.00(CAN) and was told that they are pretty good and have a warrenty.

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-04-1999, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine are starting to make a little noise when I barely touch them while going slow. Haven't looked at em yet. Had mine about 6 months too...

------------------
keith@myf150.com
http://www.myf150.com

1999 F-150 XLT Styleside, Black On Black, SuperCab, Short Bed, 4x4, ORP, 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS

Add-Ons: Extang Sabre Soft Tonneau (For Sale!), DrawTite Class III Hitch, Smittybilt Outland Grill Guard/Brush Guards, KC Daylighters, Custom Dual Exhaust-Straight Out The Back, Airaid FIPK, SuperChips Chip, Bug Deflector, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Bed Cover on the way!

Old 08-04-1999, 11:03 PM
Cool

HI!... Mine have been doing the same thing as yours, since day one. The sqeeling really gets on my nerves somedays, espiecally when I am driving slow. Hope the other brake pads I want to buy solve this problem.

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-05-1999, 11:59 AM
The first few months I had my truck, I noticed that it took a little more effort to stop the truck than I thought it should. Turns out the rear brakes needed adjustment; they weren't doing much at all, which will cause the front pads to wear out much more quickly.

Old 08-22-1999, 04:02 AM
Cool

HI!... Today I installed my new front brake pads.(RAYSPESTOS "SUPER STOPS") WOW what a difference the truck stops 100% better than before. The old brake pads were almost down to the steel backing plates. I highly recommend these brake pads.

------------------

Old 08-22-1999, 06:24 AM
Location: Chandler/Queen Creek, AZ You pick as to which town I'm in! Hehe
I havn't had any problems/squeaking from the brakes, and I've had the truck 8 months now. Just my .02.

------------------
99 F-150,XLT, Silver, 2WD, 4.2L, 5spd, RegCab, Shrt WB, Styleside.
Current Mods:Billet grille, Line-X bedliner, 5%window tint all the way around, Alpine CD w/2 MTX Subs & Rockford Fosgate 250w amp. K&N Airfilter. Glasspac w/dual exhaust exits out the back.
Future Mods: Superchip, driving lights, & a custom paint job

Old 09-07-1999, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I used to work for an auto parts store about 8 years ago and the "superstop" was the best we sold.
Excellent pad.
They even came with a lifetime warranty and nobody ever brought a set back.
Neal, if you would slow down you wouldn't go through brake pads so fast. LOL

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?

Old 09-12-1999, 08:54 AM
My truck has 15,000 miles and the brakes need replacement too, has anyone had a problem with calipers hanging-up, the right side is worse than the left and I had the truck in for a wheel alignment because it pulled to the right.

------------------
Gino Tedesco, '99 XLT 5.4l, SUPERCHIPPED, 3" Gibson catback exhaust,4x4 S/C Flareside D.wedge bl/Dk.graph, factory sidesteps & Tonneau cover, Manik grlgaurd w/Piaa lights, 305/70-16 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires

Old 09-12-1999, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

BTW Neal do you have rear disc or drums ?

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?
Columbia SC

Quick Reply: "99" FRONT BRAKE PADS FAULTY?